Today is such a good Sunday. The time is moving slowly which is great because I do not feel like going into the bakery tomorrow! But anyway, it’s perfect. Lounging in my room, with the a.c., bingeing SAFE on Netflix, and eating a gooey, creamy Dulce De Leche Peanut Butter Cups. **Shout out to Carol at the Stop and Shop for helping me find Ready Made Dulce De Leche in the can. (La Lechera, made by Nestle)** Next time though, I’m making the dulce from scratch!
I used Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips for the smooth, crisp outer shell of chocolate. They melt so nice and velvety, but dry with the perfect amount of crunch, then melts right in your mouth!
OMG, I need to go eat one now, actually. Excuse me while I go to the fridge for a moment. In the meantime, here’s a sneak peek at these beautiful caramel filled cups!
HOMEMADE DULCE DE LECHE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
Okay, so after staring at that velvety interior, I’m sure you’re just DYING to know how to make these. I don’t blame you, who wouldn’t? Read on friends, and soon enough you too can reach into your fridge and grab one of these decadent cups! And they’re so rich and delicious, all you really need is one! (I promise!)
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Peanut Butter (Melted)
3 Cups Chocolate Chips
3 to 4 Tbsp La Lechera Dulce de Leche
1. Line your muffin tins with muffin cups or parchment paper
2. Melt the peanut butter for 1 minute in the microwave, 20 second intervals. Stir between each one. Then, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together.
3. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until all the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Add 1 tsp into the bottom of each muffin cup. Then, spread 1/2 Tsbp of the peanut butter mixture on top of that, and a 1/2 tsp of dulce on top of that. Cover with 1 more teaspoon of chocolate on top.
5. Refridgerate for 1 hour, until chocolate sets firm. Enjoy these cold!
If you make the recipe, be sure to let me know how it came out! Leave a comment, or hashtag #bridgetskitchenadventures in your creations!
Until next time, Happy Baking!