Hey baking friends!
It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I started a new job and have been completely exhausted from the new adjustments!
Aside from new job changes, there have been a lot of diet changes in my life as well! I struggle greatly with Acid Reflux and GERD, so I’ve been developing recipes that are more friendly towards people with gastro issues like that.
So, for these muffins, I decided to throw banana in there, because the Potassium helps to combat the acid, and I made it with canola oil and almond milk; instead of butter and whole milk.
They’re just as delicious, and moist, and crumbly as a regular muffin! And these are just a teeny bit healthier for you. Not to mention, if you jump on the Last Fruits of Summer Band Wagon, you can get some extra juicy blueberries which of course totally make these muffins!
Ready To Make These?!
I thought so!
For the Muffins:
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/3 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 stick of Butter, Cold, Chunks
1 tsp Cinnamon/Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
BAKE IT: PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°
- For the Streusel Topping: Whisk flour, sugar, and spices with cold chunks of butter until crumbly.
- For The Muffins: Separately whisk flour, and baking powder, set aside.
- Next in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Stir in the oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix by hand.
- Mix 1 cup of berries into the batter.
- Make sure you have a muffin tin lined with muffin papers. Pour the muffin batter into each one.
- Cover the batter with the remaining blueberries and the streusel topping.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375°, bake for 20 minutes.
**Note, Streusel Topping is optional. I made a batch without it,and they were so good. The blueberries look so beautiful as a topping by themselves!**
Delicious, right?! I know!
Go, have fun, and be sure to tag #bridgetskitchenadventures so I can see your version of the recipe!