Hey Food Friends!
As I’ve mentioned, I suffer from Acid Refulx and GERD, and its not always the most pleasant experience. So, I picked up this cookbook I found on the sale table at Barnes and Noble called The Easy Acid Reflux Cookbook by Karen Frazier which ended up being an incredible find. I’ve been learning so much about the disease and how to combat it with healthy, yet still delicious foods.
I posted a recipe for Sweet Potato Fries that I adapted from that book as well, and I strongly suggest Frazier’s book to anyone suffering from AR and GERD who is looking to find some relief!
This recipe is adapted from Frazier’s Maple Thyme Roasted Carrots found in the book. I just add some honey, and use all the fresh thyme instead of measuring it out! LOL
These are great as a side dish with dinner, or even as a healthy snack; hot or cold! I sometimes take it to work with me for an afternoon pick me up. See below for the recipe!
Honey-Maple and Thyme Roasted Carrots
About 6 to 8 carrots, chopped or sliced to your liking
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Honey
1 package of Fresh Thyme
Sea Salt (Sprinkle to your liking. I love ALL the sea salt on everything, always)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a baking sheet with some PAM.
- Chop your carrots and put them in a big mixing bowl. Add the maple syrup, honey, and thyme. Mix everything together until the carrots are coated.
- Spread the carrots out on the baking sheet and add some extra sea salt sprinkled on top.
- Roast in the oven on the middle shelf for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy these as a side dish with dinner, or a healthy any time of day snack!