There is no one I love cooking with more than my boyfriend, Joe. He is hands down my favorite person to cook with. We’re always coming up with amazing brainstorms together and coming up with the most delicious desserts, and meals!
The first time I ever had a Lobster Roll was last year when he took me to a little lobster shack out on Long Island. I’m awful with remembering names, I completely forgot what it was called! All I know was that this roll was so meaty and creamy, and delicious. Perfect with every bite of that buttery roll, paired perfectly with some thin but hearty home fries.
After that, I was hooked! I want lobster rolls ALL the time, but that’s a super expensive feeding habit, so I like to have them on special occasions. Whether that be New Year’s Eve or a new job, I want to make a Lobster roll. And usually, we do! This weekend I actually did want to celebrate getting my new job, so we ran to the grocery store and grabbed whatever ingredients we didn’t have!
While lobster is expensive, if you already have most of the ingredients in your fridge like lemon juice, and mayonnaise, it should be around $40-$45 dollars for the lobster tails. The Shop Rite by us sells one pack of 2 tails for $20.00 each so 2 packs will cost us a little over $40 with anything extra we purchase.
Joe was in charge of making the lobster tails, and coated them in the most delicious butter sauce right before they entered the oven! I took charge of the mayonnaise dressing and we got to work!
Okay, are you craving these as much as I am right now? Because I’m about to go out and drop another 40 bucks on some lobster tail just so I can have these again! (LOL just kidding, I don’t have that kind of money) But here’s the recipe below if you want to make some yourself!
HOW TO MAKE BRIDGET AND JOE’S LOBSTER ROLLS:
4 Lobster Tails (frozen, usually comes in packs of 2)
2 Bread Rolls, Hero Style
For the Lobster Roll Dressing:
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 to 3 tsp Lemon Juice (Depending on how tart you like it, I only used 2)
1 pack of Fresh Parsley (I find these hanging in the grocery store by the scallions, etc.)
4 Chives, chopped
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
3 drops Tobasco Sauce
BUTTER SAUCE FOR COOKING THE LOBSTERS:
3 Tbsp Butter, melted
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Dry Basil
2 drops Tobasco Sauce
Sea Salt (a few sprinkles)
1 tsp Adobo Sin Pimienta seasoning
Old Bay (pinch)
Italian Seasoning (pinch)
- Defrost the frozen lobster tails under running cold water. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- While the lobsters are defrosting, make your butter sauce. Melt the butter, and stir in your seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Brush your lobster tails with the butter sauce, and cook them in the oven until they are a nice bright red, about 20 minutes.
- While the lobsters are cooking, make your dressing! Make sure your fresh herbs are chopped, then mix all ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the lobsters have cooked and cooled, chop the meat and stir into the dressing bowl until all the meat is coated.
- Next, spread some butter on the rolls and toast them slightly. Take your toasted rolls out and fill them with lobster!
Well, there you have it, friends! As always please remember, if you’re going to use a recipe, PLEASE GIVE CREDIT! No one likes a stealer. 🙂
Until next time, Happy….Fishing! lol